somebloglogo

A Very Happy V-day.


Happy belated Valentine's day everybody!

We had an awesome V-day, for the very first time. It's not that we haven't tried before (in previous relationships and previous Feb. 14's with eachother....), but this one actually worked out. Our first Valentine's Day together, I was absolutely ill. I had whatever was going around the office that "winter" and had actually gone home from work and climbed in bed and gone to sleep. J woke me up with an amazing dinner and a nice potted mum, but I was too sick to even enjoy it. When ya can't even smell the flowers or taste the food, it's kind of a buzz kill. After our lovely dinner, I sent him packing and went back to sleep with a green dragon (nyquil) cocktail.

The next year, we were in the midst of buying our house and were completely freaked about spending money. I managed to get J a card, and he hand-made me the cutest card ever (as a total after-thought, but whatever).

The next year, I was overdue with baby S. So, nothing kills the romance like swollen feet and false labor.

THIS YEAR, though. J really outdid himself. He arranged for a sitter (thanks mom and A!), had fancy dinner reservations, booked a hotel stay, and took me to a movie and shopping! It was a day full of my favorite things, and I couldn't have been more surprised. To cap it all off, we met up with friends downtown after dinner and stayed out late like we were just a young couple again.

It's safe to say, this V-day is good for another three years. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It's safe to say, this V-day is good for another three years. ;)"

Sounds good. I'll start planning for 2012.

A said...

Did you see the wink at the end?