somebloglogo

3 months old

You technically turned three months old on Friday. Here it is Tuesday, and I'm just now getting around to writing this post. To say you've been keeping us busy would be an understatement. For such a tiny person, you sure want to get up and going! Your Marmee came to visit this weekend, and said it perfectly when she noted that if you could get up and run, you'd be out the door already! You are a wiggly baby, and I fear what that means for your future. You will probably be fiercely independent...which is a sure way to break a mama's heart with a bittersweet mixture of pride and melancholy. But for now, you are still our tiny one. You've rolled over twice, but have shown no interest in doing it repeatedly...yet. You laughed for the first time today. 

You have a high-pitched squeal that is so adorable when it shows up in the midst of your crying, I can't help but smile. It is also omnipresent in your daily babble and now those sweet giggles. I love starting our day with a chat session....and when I listen to you goo and guuuh, I imagine you are telling me about your dreams and how much you love being a part of our family. You are grasping for everything now...intentionally. You are quite enthused about playing with your rattles and various toys. You have learned to soothe to sleep with the help of your "lovey baby," as Scout calls it. I never believed in babies having an attachment to such things this early on (your sister did not attach to her ducky until probably 6 months old or so). But, oh my, how you've proved me wrong. You're a scooter. You've started propelling yourself across your crib and playmat using your feet. We've since relocated your playmat from the couch or bed to the floor and your crib bumpers are now off (caught you trying to chew on one the other night, and your daddy quickly removed them--no fun for you, I know). 

You are still waking up once or twice during the night for feedings...but call me crazy, I don't mind it. I'm not trying to get you to cut back. With your sister, we had her on a schedule by now...but with you...we've let you decide your own schedule. Call it "2nd child ease," or whatever...but I'm noticeably more laid back with you. I think it's good for us.  

We took you to the beach for the third time this weekend. You didn't sleep the entire time we were there, as you have the previous two times. You sat up and listened to the waves that your sister splashed in. You seemed to enjoy it...you were happy for the two hours we were there. I can't wait until you are also splashing in the waves with your big sister. You guys are going to have so much fun. 

We also took you to the pumpkin patch at Underwood Farm in the Simi Valley. We went there last year with your sister, and looking back at the pictures, it's hard to believe how much she's grown. And how you are here. And we are all a family of four, together. We love you so much and are so thankful for you, our silly girl. 

0 comments: