somebloglogo

The clothes you keep....

It's funny how a dress can bring back a feeling. A tank top can make you relive a sweltering summer and a pair of pants can inspire you to break down Hammer-style. Some of those things are fleeting moments in fashion history...a mistake we wish we hadn't made. But others...the ones you keep...what do they say about you?

Is there something to be said for the clothing you keep? Is that your history? Is it WHO you are?

I keep a few things in my closet that can best be described as costume. I manage to incorporate a few into my usually common wardrobe and others will probably never be worn. Now, don't get me wrong...I'm not keeping hoards of NKOTB and Mossimo tye-dye clothing for you all to come and pillage. I only have a few things...some of them are mostly ordinary and you probably wouldn't think twice about. I manage to clean out my closet at least once a year and haul a load of gently used items to my local clothes drop.

But these all hold some kind of meaning or hold some kind of intrinsic value to me. My most valued? A vintage boy scout uniform shirt from my hometown. Almost every time I wear it, I get a comment or a thumbs up or a questioning look from someone...but I love it. It reps where I'm from...I'm a small town girl...while also saying....I'm sooooo much cooler than you. ;)

Got anything cool in your closet you wanna compare?

1 comments:

michelle said...

You know the story about the senior shirt....it is my FAV....and yes I still even were it in public!!! Which really does not go over well with members of my fam ;)