somebloglogo

104 degree summer

After a lovely birthday celebrated in our lush backyard....a week of 104 degree heat has made our backyard oasis look more like a forgotten garden. Sadly, our trees are not looking good again, as is our grass and 1/2 of my plants. Luckily, I think my tomato plant is still doing alright and my rosemary seems to not really notice the heat.

Scooter and I just got back from a week-long vacation in the Enchanted Circle of New Mexico (or as J likes to call it, "the magic circle"). We stayed in a very nice cabin in the Angel Fire village area...a friend of my dad's was so kind to loan us the keys. I could have moved in, if only the altitude didn't bother me as bad as it did. I've never had an experience with altitude sickness...and even though mine wasn't that bad (mostly breathing/headache problems)...I wouldn't want to experience it again.

Here's a snapshot of what our week entailed: lots of fishing, relaxing, campfires, s'mores, hot air balloons, shopping, rain and cool weather. And here's what you come here for: the pics.







0 comments: